BAIN & COMPANY STATEMENT
Answers to frequently asked questions about Bain & Company in this election year
In light of the heightened media attention we have received in this US election year, and in response to frequently asked questions, here are a few facts about Bain & Company:
- Bain & Company and Bain Capital are separate companies, with no shared ownership, governance or employees.
- Bain & Company is not a private equity firm. We are a global business consulting firm, serving clients across six continents in multiple industries, including the private equity industry. We are the world's leading advisor to the private equity industry and its stakeholders.
- Mitt Romney, the Republican nominee for President of the United States, worked at Bain & Company from 1977 to 1985.
- In 1985, as a vice president, Mr. Romney left our firm to help found Bain Capital.
- Mr. Romney rejoined Bain & Company in the early 1990s to help the firm develop and execute a turnaround plan. He led a financial restructuring that included renegotiation of debt held by major creditors and put Bain & Company on the path to lasting growth and success.
- Mr. Romney left Bain & Company in 1992 to return to Bain Capital.
- Today, Bain & Company is a world-renowned consulting firm with 5,500 employees around the globe. Bain & Company has helped hundreds of companies and organizations achieve lasting results and has been ranked "The Best Firm to Work For" by Consulting magazine for 10 years in a row.
- Bain & Company has a strong culture of public service. We are proud that many of our alumni hold prominent positions in government, non-profit and other areas of the public sector.
- Bain & Company does not endorse or provide financial support to any political candidates.
Reporters with additional questions, please contact Dan Pinkney firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 646 562 8102.
About Bain & Company, Inc.
Bain & Company is the management consulting firm that the world's business leaders come to when they want results. Bain advises clients on strategy, operations, technology, organization, private equity and mergers and acquisition, developing practical insights that clients act on and transferring skills that make change stick. The firm aligns its incentives with clients by linking its fees to their results. Bain clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. Founded in 1973, Bain has 53 offices in 34 countries, and its deep expertise and client roster cross every industry and economic sector. For more information visit: www.bain.com. Follow us on Twitter @BainAlerts.
About Bain & Company's Private Equity business
Bain & Company is the leading consulting partner to the private equity (PE) industry and its stakeholders. PE consulting at Bain has grown fivefold over the past 15 years and now represents about one-quarter of the firm’s global business. Bain maintains a global network of more than 1,000 experienced professionals serving PE clients. The firm’s practice is more than triple the size of the next-largest consulting firm serving PE firms.
Bain’s work with PE firms spans fund types, including buyout, infrastructure, real estate and debt, as well as hedge funds and many of the most prominent institutional investors, such as sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, endowments and family investment offices. Bain supports its clients across a broad range of objectives that include deal generation, due diligence, immediate post-acquisition, ongoing value addition, exit, firm strategy and operations, and institutional investor strategy.