BAIN & COMPANY STATEMENT
Answers to frequently asked questions about Bain & Company in this election year
In light of the heightened media attention we have received in this US election year, and in response to frequently asked questions, here are a few facts about Bain & Company:
- Bain & Company and Bain Capital are separate companies, with no shared ownership, governance or employees.
- Bain & Company is not a private equity firm. We are a global business consulting firm, serving clients across six continents in multiple industries, including the private equity industry. We are the world's leading advisor to the private equity industry and its stakeholders.
- Mitt Romney, the Republican nominee for President of the United States, worked at Bain & Company from 1977 to 1985.
- In 1985, as a vice president, Mr. Romney left our firm to help found Bain Capital.
- Mr. Romney rejoined Bain & Company in the early 1990s to help the firm develop and execute a turnaround plan. He led a financial restructuring that included renegotiation of debt held by major creditors and put Bain & Company on the path to lasting growth and success.
- Mr. Romney left Bain & Company in 1992 to return to Bain Capital.
- Today, Bain & Company is a world-renowned consulting firm with 5,500 employees around the globe. Bain & Company has helped hundreds of companies and organizations achieve lasting results and has been ranked "The Best Firm to Work For" by Consulting magazine for 10 years in a row.
- Bain & Company has a strong culture of public service. We are proud that many of our alumni hold prominent positions in government, non-profit and other areas of the public sector.
- Bain & Company does not endorse or provide financial support to any political candidates.
Reporters with additional questions, please contact Cheryl Krauss at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 646-562-7863, or Frank Pinto at email: email@example.com or +1 917-309-1065.
About Bain & Company, Inc.
Bain & Company, a leading global business consulting firm, serves clients on issues of strategy, operations, technology, organization and mergers and acquisitions. The firm was founded in 1973 on the principle that Bain consultants must measure their success by their clients' financial results. Bain clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. With 49 offices in 31 countries, Bain has worked with over 4,900 major multinational, private equity and other corporations across every economic sector. For more information visit: www.bain.com. Follow us on Twitter @BainAlerts.
About Bain & Company's Private Equity business
Bain & Company is the world's leading advisor to the private equity industry and its stakeholders and is more than 3-times larger than the next-largest consulting firm serving private equity funds. Private equity consulting at Bain has grown 11-fold since 1997 and now represents about 25 percent of the firm's global business. Bain maintains a global network of more than 400 experienced professionals serving private equity clients. In the past decade, Bain & Company has advised on half of all buyout transactions valued at more than $500 million globally. Bain's work with buyout funds represents 75 percent of global equity capital.
Beyond its work with buyouts, Bain works across fund types, including infrastructure, real estate, debt and hedge funds. It also works for many of the most prominent limited partners to private equity firms, including sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, financial institutions, endowments and family investment offices. Bain has deep experience working in all regions of the world across all major sectors-from consumer products and financial services to technology and industrial goods. Our advisory services span a broad spectrum of client objectives, including: deal generation, due diligence, immediate post-acquisition support, ongoing value addition, exits and firm strategy and operations.