Customer loyalty truly pays off, but the tools used to manage profits are far stronger and better understood than those for measuring loyalty.
Bain is an innovator in loyalty research. Using our Net Promoter® disciplines, Bain clients develop more promoters who buy more, stay longer, tell their friends and colleagues, and invest their time to help the company improve. Our clients also learn to eliminate defects in their business system, reducing the number of detractors who can sap the life from your customer base.
Simple, yet powerful, NPS® provides the rigor, speed and thoroughness to transform a company into a loyalty leader. We deeply understand that advocacy drives competitive advantage, at faster organic growth and lower cost. Loyal customers spend more with companies that treat them well, cost less to serve and refer more customers who are like them, the Net Promoter approach can pay huge dividends. NPS is more than a metric, it is a way of doing business. Bain works with clients to apply these principles of loyalty:
- Measure the health of the customer relationship over time
- NPS provides data that is actionable, including studies of relevant competitors and identifying and targeting important customer segments.
- Enable closed learning loops between employees and customer to drive continuous improvement
- Understand what practices grow promoters and breed detractors
- Track the key touch-points in the customer experience to recover from service failures and provide outstanding support.
To learn more, visit Bain's Net Promoter System℠ site.
Net Promoter® and NPS® are registered trademarks and Net Promoter SystemSM and Net Promoter ScoreSM are trademarks of Bain & Company, Satmetrix Systems and Fred Reichheld.