Access to APAC will be offered by the following Bain offices in May 2023:
- Australia (Melbourne, Perth, Sydney)
- Greater China (Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai)
- Southeast Asia (Bangkok, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Singapore)
Who can apply:
Access to APAC is intended for candidates that are currently enrolled in an advanced degree program or who have recently graduated (1 – 3 years prior) with an advanced degree.
Eligible degree programs include:
- PhDs and post-doctorates
- MDs and medical residents/fellows
- PharmDs and other doctorate-level degrees
- Non-MBA master’s with > 3 years of relevant, prior business experience after completing a Bachelor’s degree
Interviews are required in order to be considered for our Access to APAC program. Candidates should prepare for a traditional case interview as well as be ready to answer a few experience questions about themselves and why they’re interested in consulting and the program.
Candidates that have been selected to interview will be notified via email by the end of March. Zoom interviews will take place in mid-April.
Interview prep resources:
The deadline to apply for our 2023 Access to APAC program is Wednesday, March 1, 2023 at 11:59 pm PST.
Candidates should apply as soon as they are ready. Submitting an early application helps indicate your office preferences and considers you for invite-only, office-level connections and events.
- A 1-2-page business-format resume
- A 1 page cover letter outlining your interest in Bain and consulting
- Recent test scores (GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.), if applicable
- Bain office(s) of interest
- Working rights for your office(s) of interest
- Language proficiency (office dependent)
You will be able to select up to three Bain offices where you’d like to participate in the program. Interest levels will need to be allocated by 100 percentage points across your office(s) of choice. The office(s) you select will become the office(s) that consider you for the Access to APAC program and a potential full-time consultant offer following the program.
Please keep in mind that successful participants will receive a full-time consultant offer from the office where they completed the program. For this reason, apply only to office(s) where you would happily accept a full-time offer and for which you either hold working rights or are eligible for visa sponsorship.
For more information on selecting office preferences, please visit our FAQs section.
What makes an applicant standout:
- Outstanding academic performance
- Energized by solving tough problems and driving real impact
- Demonstrated interest in business and/or consulting
- Strong leadership and team skills