ADvantage will be offered by the following Bain offices the week of May 17 – 21, 2021:
- New York
- Mexico City
- San Francisco
- Silicon Valley
- Washington, DC
Asia Pacific & Australia:
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
Program itineraries will vary slightly in every office but interns can expect to experience much of the following during their internship with Bain:
- An introduction to the strategy consulting career and a chance to spend a ‘week-in-the-life’ of a Bain consultant
- The opportunity to tackle an important business issue, for a real Bain client, and present your findings to the Bain case team
- Mentorship from a consultant who will actively coach you through solving the business problem and presenting your findings
- Interactive trainings that teach you the business fundamentals and leadership skills needed to solve real-world business problems
- Fun social events and networking opportunities with Bainies from the local office and fellow ADvantage interns
- 1:1 conversations with firm leadership
- Early consideration and interviews for our full-time consultant positions
Who can apply:
- ADvantage is intended for candidates that are currently enrolled in an advanced degree program or those that have recently graduated (1 – 3 years prior) with their advanced degree.
- Eligible degree programs include: JD, MD, PhD, and non-MBA Master’s.
- Postdocs and medical residents/interns are eligible to participate.
- Non-MBA Master’s candidates must have >3 years of relevant, prior work experience in order to be considered.
What makes an applicant standout:
- Outstanding academic performance
- Energized by solving tough problems and driving real impact
- Demonstrated interest in business and/or consulting
- Strong leadership and team skills
Interviews are required for ADvantage. While the exact interview format will be determined at the office-level, all candidates should prepare for a mix of traditional case and experience interviews.
Candidates that have been selected to interview for ADvantage will be notified via email in early to mid April. Interviews will take place the last week of April over Zoom.
ADvantage applications go live every February right here on the Bain careers website.
The deadline to apply for our 2021 programs is Sunday, March 21, 2021 @ 11:59pm PST.
- A one – two page business-format resume
- Recent test scores (GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.)
- Bain office(s) of interest
In the application, you will have the ability to select up to three Bain offices that interest you the most. You will then need to allocate 100 percentage points across these office(s) to reflect your interest-level in each office. The offices that you select in your application will become the office(s) that consider you for their ADvantage program.
When indicating office preferences in your application, please keep in mind that successful interns (i.e. successful on their case teams and in their final-round interviews) will receive a full-time consultant offer from the office where they completed the internship. For this reason, we ask that you apply only to office(s) where you would happily accept a full-time offer.
For more information on selecting office preferences, please visit our FAQs section.