Amit has 17 years of management consulting experience in advising private, public and MNC firms, as well as the Indian government. His expertise spans a range of industries, including IT services, private equity and consumer products, and focuses on the energy, power and airlines sectors. He specializes in growth strategy, performance improvement and turnarounds, market entry and full potential, strategy implementation, commercial due diligence and organization.
Amit has also written several articles in national print media on mining, power sector reforms and IT. He has been extensively quoted in prominent media outlets.
He is a member of CII's national committee on the power sector and was selected for Aspen's India Leadership Fellow program in 2012.
Amit started his career in our Boston office in 2002. He moved to India in 2006 to help start our India offices, becoming our first official local employee.
Prior to joining Bain, Amit worked at iGATE Patni, where he supported financial software implementation for clients across Singapore and the United States. He started his career with Tata Motors in Jamshedpur as a gradate engineer trainee in 1994.
Amit holds a dual MBA in finance and strategy from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was named a Palmer Scholar and received the Siebel Scholarship.
He also holds a B. Eng. in electrical and electronics engineering from the Birla Institute of Technology, India.
- “Digital Transformation for Utilities: More Tortoise, Less Hare,” Brief, 5. Februar 2019
- “Amit Sinha: Future of Electricity in Emerging Markets,” Video, 21. Juni 2016
- “Plugging into Emerging Electricity Markets,” Brief, 3. Februar 2016
- “Energy Efficiency: Opportunities in Emerging Markets,” Brief, 26. August 2015
- “Amit Sinha: Winning with procurement in Asia,” Video, 5. November 2014