- Head of our Greater China Retail practice
Jonathan Cheng is a partner and the leader of our Greater China Retail practice, based in Hong Kong.
Since joining Bain in 2009, Jonathan’s work has focused on retail digital transformations involving customer-led growth strategy, data-driven performance improvement, supply chain redesign, organizational effectiveness, ecosystem partnership and next-generation route-to-market redesign.
His client portfolio spans sectors, including apparel, luxury goods and FMCG, as well as regions, including APAC and North America.
Apart from corporate clients, Jonathan actively advises Private Equity firms on due-diligence and post-acquisition value creation, with an emphasis on retail and consumer products.
Jonathan holds a bachelor’s degree in economics and business from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
- “China Retail: A New Definition of Singles Day Success ,” Retail Holiday Newsletter, 19. Oktober 2021, Brief
- “Curing the Discount Disease in Soft Goods Retail,” Brief, 15. Juni 2021
- “Ten Trends Powering a New Stage in China’s Retail Evolution,” Infografik, 30. März 2021
- “Ten Retail Trends to Watch in China,” Webinar, 30. März 2021
- “Will Covid-19 Change “Singles Day”?,” Retail Holiday Newsletter, 27. Oktober 2020, Brief