Courtney della Cava is a partner based in our San Francisco office. She is a key member of the firm’s Leadership and Talent practice and leads the global Bain Executive Network.
With more than 20 years of management consulting experience, Courtney advises clients on CEO succession, CEO and Board effectiveness and broader organizational talent solutions. She holds deep expertise in organizational topics including talent strategy, corporate governance, succession planning, executive assessment and leadership development. In her role, she also leads a number of the firm’s global human capital functions.
Courtney previously served as a partner and managing director for Russell Reynolds Associates, a global executive search and talent assessment firm, and as European marketing director for M&M Mars. Earlier, she held product and marketing roles with Toyota/Lexus, and began her career at WPP/Hill and Knowlton, where she worked with clients including Procter & Gamble, PepsiCo and Mazda.
Courtney earned an MBA from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, where she was awarded the Dean’s Award of Excellence and received a Ford Fellowship scholarship to study at Keio Business School in Tokyo.
She is also a graduate of the University of California, Los Angeles, where she earned a B.A. in Economics, magna cum laude.
She is a dual citizen of the US and Italy.
- “CEO Successions Slowed in 2020. The Pace Is About to Pick Up,” Snap Chart, marzo 12, 2021
- “A Left-Brained Approach to Portfolio Company Talent Decisions,” Global Private Equity Report, marzo 01, 2021, Report
- “Crisis Put CEO Successions on Hold in 2020. Expect a Rebound in 2021.,” Brief, febrero 23, 2021
- “What's Next? Empowering Bain Employees and Alumni Through Our Career Networks,” Beyond the Bio Podcast, noviembre 15, 2020, Podcast
- “In the Spotlight: CEO transitions fall by nearly one-third during a crisis,” MoneyFM 89.3, septiembre 06, 2020