Dr. Sebastian Walter is an expert vice president in Bain & Company's Berlin office. He leads Bain’s Advanced Digital and Product Team in Europe, Middle East and Africa. He is also a member of Bain's Results Delivery® and Customer Strategy & Marketing practices.
Sebastian has nearly 15 years of industry and consulting experience throughout Western Europe, Australia and the Nordics.
He advises clients across a range of industries, with a focus on consumer goods and retail. He focuses on the identification, implementation and optimization of digital products for companies, like apps or data-based dashboards (ADAPT). He has profound experience in managing and implementing transformation projects (Results Delivery®). This includes full potential topics such as digitalization, operating model, merger situations (PMI) and cultural changes, as well as go-to-market strategies, customer centricity strategies and sales optimization.
Prior to joining Bain in 2008, he worked in management positions in sales and marketing at Unilever and Olympus optical. He also founded Jurawelt, an Internet startup providing academic legal materials to students and practitioners.
Sebastian earned a Doctorate in Public Economic Law from Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, a Master in Law and Economics from the University of Hamburg and a lawyers degree from Oberlandesgericht Nürnberg Fürth.
- “How Companies Can Keep Up with Shoppers’ Accelerating Use of Mobile,” Snap Chart, marzo 23, 2020
- “Your Customers Put Mobile First. Do You?,” Brief, diciembre 04, 2019
- “Sebastian Walter: Cascading Corporate Change,” Video, junio 29, 2018
- “Soul Searching: True Transformations Start Within,” Brief, junio 13, 2018
- “Cascading Corporate Change: How to Engage Your Team in Transformation,” Managing Change Blog, febrero 27, 2018, Article