Darrell Rigby is a partner based in our Boston office. He leads our Global Innovation practice and is the former head of our Global Retail practice.
Darrell joined Bain in 1978 and specializes in innovation and retail growth strategies. Over the past 42 years, he has worked with many of the world's most successful retailers.
A frequent speaker and writer on innovation and retail issues including agile innovation, BothBrain innovation®, omnichannel retailing, winning in turbulence, brand positioning and change management, he regularly speaks at management conferences and has made media appearances on CNBC, CNN Moneyline and Bloomberg. His research is widely published in the business pages of many US and international publications, including The Harvard Business Review, The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek and The Financial Times.
He is the author of Winning in Turbulence (2009), and his next book, Doing Agile Right, will be available in May 2020.
Darrell holds an MBA from Harvard Business School with high distinction (Baker Scholar). He is a graduate of Brigham Young University, where he received a bachelor of science in business management, summa cum laude.
- “Can Retail Supply Chains Fulfill Shoppers’ Holiday Wishes?,” Retail Holiday Newsletter, diciembre 2019, Brief
- “What Will Amazon Deliver This Christmas?,” Retail Holiday Newsletter, noviembre 2019, Brief
- “4 Questions Retailers Need to Ask About Augmented Reality,” HBR.org, abril 2019, Article
- “Holiday Recap and Technology Trends for 2019 ,” Retail Holiday Newsletter, enero 2019, Article
- “The Holiday Marketing Challenge: Spend Smart, Keep Customers ,” Retail Holiday Newsletter, diciembre 2018