Tim joined Bain in 2004. His expertise is in advising private equity funds with diligence and post-acquisition growth plans. He also has deep experience in financial services, where he has advised many European institutions on their corporate and business unit strategies. Over the past several years, he has supported major turnarounds of banks specifically in the UK and Ireland and he has also advised senior leaders and management teams in the European technology and software sectors.
Tim has authored papers on Software pricing and Retail Banking strategies, and has developed the internal Bain training guide to Bank Financial Modeling. He has twice been awarded Bain's annual 'Results Challenge' award, given to the case which has delivered the most impact in any given year.
Prior to Bain, he worked for ExxonMobil Corporation in the UK, Holland and Belgium.
Tim has a MA in natural sciences from Churchill College, Cambridge and a MBA from the University of Michigan where he was a Fulbright Scholar and graduated with highest distinction.
- “How Will Financial Services Private Equity Investments Fare in the Next Recession?,” Brief, noviembre 2019
- “The Coming Shakeout in Trust and Corporate Services,” Brief, julio 2017
- “Private Equity Has the Cash and Expertise That Europe’s Banks Need,” Forbes.com, junio 2016, Brief
- “Is Private Equity the Bridge to Bring European Banks to Safer Shores?,” Brief, mayo 2016
- “How SaaS Providers Can Use Pricing to Achieve Their Ambitions,” Brief, julio 2014