Tom Holland is a partner based in our San Francisco office. He holds more than 30 years of experience in senior line roles, investing and consulting. Tom is currently a global leader of Bain’s Accelerated Transformation (BAT) business, which focuses on driving breakthrough cost, revenue and cash flow results with clients — using an accelerated, Agile, tech-enabled approach — where Bain is typically compensated based on actual client profits created.
Tom rejoined us in 2018 after five years running two companies. He served as president of Sunrun, Inc. (Nasdaq: RUN), where Tom and the team led the company to an IPO in 2015; and as CEO of Century Snacks, LLC, a private equity-backed CPG company.
Tom serves and has served on numerous company and non-profit boards.
Previously, he co-founded our Private Equity Group and led the business through global expansion over 18 years. He has extensive experience in M&A due diligence, direct investing and portfolio company improvements.
Since initially joining us in 1989, Tom has developed expertise across a variety of industries, including consumer products, retail, software, telecom and manufacturing. He has primarily advised clients on cost and asset restructuring, growth strategy and M&A. Tom has also served in several senior Bain operating and governance roles, including managing our Western US P&L and serving on our global Board of Directors. He has also chaired both our global Compensation Committee and Nominating Committee.
Tom earned an MBA from Stanford University and a bachelor’s degree in engineering from the University of California, Berkeley, both with distinction.
- “Six Strategies to Help Your Company Weather Inflation,” HBR.org, septiembre 28, 2021, Article
- “Cost Leadership at Fast-Growing Tech Companies: The Sector’s Unsung Hero,” Brief, septiembre 23, 2021
- “Resetting Your Cost Structure for the New Normal,” Webinar, junio 10, 2020
- “Three Steps to Transforming Your Business for a Post-Crisis World,” Video, mayo 07, 2020
- “In a Crisis, This Is What Good Looks Like,” Brief, abril 02, 2020