Tim van Biesen is a partner in Bain & Company's New York office. He leads Bain's global Healthcare practice.
Tim has more than 15 years of management consulting experience in the healthcare sector, advising industry leaders on their biggest opportunities and challenges.
Tim's areas of expertise span the full range of healthcare sub-sectors, including manufacturers, payers, providers and services. He has helped clients to address corporate growth strategy, digital capabilities, R&D strategy, brand sales and marketing strategy, licensing and acquisitions, post-merger integration, manufacturing and supply chain strategy. In addition to his work with corporate clients, Tim supports the firm's advisory work for private equity investors in the healthcare sector.
Tim has published more than 30 papers in peer-reviewed journals including Nature, Proceedings of the National Academy of Science and The Journal of Biological Chemistry. He is an inventor on two patents covering four human genes and has presented his research at International Symposia.
Prior to joining Bain in 2004, Tim acquired more than 10 years of experience as a research scientist.
Tim received his MBA from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University and has a PhD and BSc in Molecular Microbiology from the University of Alberta. He conducted his post-doctoral fellowship at Duke University and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute in the laboratory of Dr. Robert J. Lefkowitz, the 2012 Nobel Laureate in Chemistry.
- “Back to Work,” Brief, junio 26, 2020
- “How Covid-19 Is Transforming the Healthcare Industry,” Video, abril 10, 2020
- “Covid-19: Implications for Healthcare Private Equity Investors,” Webinar, marzo 31, 2020
- “A Covid-19 Action Plan for Medtech Executives,” Brief, marzo 24, 2020
- “US Medtech Profit Pool to Reach $72 billion by 2024,” Snap Chart, marzo 11, 2020
In the News
- “Medtechs eye key role of ASCs in return of elective care,” Medtech Dive, mayo 26, 2020, Healthcare
- “Medtechs adapt to new sales reality amid halt on elective surgeries, hospitals' financial stress,” MedTech Dive, abril 09, 2020, Healthcare
- “Billionaire-led healthcare venture shines light on opaque supply chain, M&A need ,” S&P Global Market Intelligence, febrero 02, 2018, Healthcare
- “A lot tougher than it looks: Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway and JP Morgan Chase's big plan to lower health costs,” CNBC, enero 30, 2018, Healthcare
- “The Top 25 Consultants 2016,” Consulting Magazine, mayo 10, 2016, Healthcare