Jeff Melton is a partner in Bain & Company's Melbourne office. He is the global leader of Service Design & Operations and the global co-leader of Bain Simple & Digital. He is also a member of the firm's global Net Promoter System ® Advisory Board.
Jeff's work sits at the intersection of technology, human behavior and design. He helps large service organizations around the world transform their economics and the experience they provide to both customers and performers.
Jeff is the author of several articles on the disciplines of service and experience, including Organizations Don't Change Behavior, People Do, Simple and Digital: Happier Customers and Radically Lower Costs in Telecom and Running the Business through Your Customer's Eyes.
Jeff joined the firm in 1995 and has worked out of Bain's Stockholm and Melbourne offices, and has served American, European, Japanese and Australian clients.
Prior to joining Bain, he held P & L responsibility for two small global electronic materials businesses at Eastman Kodak.
He earned a MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business and a MA in international policy from Stanford University. He is a graduate of the University of Illinois where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Science and was elected Phi Kappa Phi.
- “AI Is Lifting Service-Center Performance,” Etude, 4 février 2019
- “Firing Up the Customer Experience Factory,” Etude, 13 juin 2018
- “Breakthrough Design for a Better Customer Experience and Better Economics,” Etude, 13 juin 2018
- “How Industrial and Technology Giants Can Set the Service Pace,” Etude, 6 juin 2018
- “How to Unleash the Power of the Front Line,” Managing Change Blog, 5 avril 2018, Article