Stephen Shih is a partner based in Bain & Company's Shanghai office. He leads the firm's APAC Organization practice and is a senior member of the global Advanced Manufacturing & Services, Chemicals and Energy & Natural Resources practices.
Stephen has advised clients across a range of sectors related to agribusiness, resources and energy, automotive, consumer/retail, and business services and technology. He has substantial experience with growth strategy, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and customer and marketing strategies.
Stephen has applied his consulting expertise globally with Bain, having worked in Bain's Boston, Beijing and Hong Kong offices. He has been interviewed for insights on business in China by media such as The Economist, CNBC, The New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal.
Outside of Bain, Stephen serves as a board member of Junior Achievement China, helping China’s youth develop skills in entrepreneurship, career readiness, and financial literacy.
Stephen graduated from Princeton University with an AB in Economics, magna cum laude. He holds an MBA from the UCLA Anderson School of Management, where he graduated as a Carter Fellow.
- “2018 China Leadership Report: Updated Insights for Talent Seekers,” Rapport, 12 décembre 2018
- “China Leadership Report: Insights for Talent Seekers,” Rapport, 12 janvier 2017
- “Stephen Shih: China's Growing Pool of Leadership Talent,” Video, 16 décembre 2016
- “Stephen Shih: Digital in Industrial Machinery,” Video, 17 novembre 2016
- “Stephen Shih: How Developing-Market Companies Can Organize for the Next Phase of Growth,” Video, 2 décembre 2015