James Dixon is a partner in Bain's Silicon Valley office. He joined the firm in 2005 and has worked in Shanghai in addition to the San Francisco Bay Area.
James is a member of Bain's Technology, Media and Telecom practices and has engaged with clients across a range of technology sub-sectors, including enterprise and consumer software, security, cloud services and platforms, and Big Data. His experience covers corporate and business unit growth strategy, mergers and acquisitions, loyalty and customer retention, organizational models, and integrated planning and resource allocation processes. James also has deep experience with multi-year transformations and turnarounds of large, complex, global businesses.
In addition to working with corporate management, James has worked closely with a number of Bain's private equity clients. He has conducted more than 20 diligences and consulted on portfolio company strategy and operational improvement.
Within the community, James serves on the Board of Directors for the Junior Achievement of Northern California.
Prior to joining Bain, James spent ten years in enterprise software and Internet services where he held roles such as Vice President of Sales for Juno Online Services and was the Founder and CEO of Alygn Systems.
James earned his MBA with Distinction from the Harvard Business School and his BS in Molecular Biophysics & Biochemistry from Yale University, where he graduated summa cum laude.
- “Losing Market Share? Time to Reinvent Product Management,” Forbes.com, 2017年10月2日, 記事
- “Product Management in the Age of Disruption,” 論説, 2017年9月27日
- “The Strategic Need to Improve Customer Experience in Enterprise IT,” 論説, 2016年4月26日
- “Why Customer Experience Matters More Than Ever for Enterprise IT,” 論説, 2014年5月7日
- “Why Cybersecurity is a Strategic Issue,” 論説, 2014年2月12日