Stephen Shih is our Executive Vice President, Learning and Development, based in Shanghai. He previously served as the leader of our Asia-Pacific Organization practice.
Stephen has advised clients across a range of sectors related to agribusiness, resources and energy, automotive, consumer goods, retail, business services and technology. He has substantial experience in growth strategy, joint ventures, operating model design, and leadership and talent.
Stephen has applied his consulting expertise globally with us, having worked in our Boston, Beijing and Hong Kong offices. He has been interviewed for insights on business in China by media such as The Economist, CNBC, The New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal.
In addition to his client work, he has led our Asia-Pacific recruiting team.
Outside of work, Stephen is a board member of Junior Achievement China.
He holds an MBA from the UCLA Anderson School of Management, where he graduated as a Carter Fellow, and an A.B. in Economics from Princeton University.
- “2018 China Leadership Report: Updated Insights for Talent Seekers,” レポート, 2018年12月12日
- “China Leadership Report: Insights for Talent Seekers,” レポート, 2017年1月12日
- “Stephen Shih: China's Growing Pool of Leadership Talent,” 動画, 2016年12月16日
- “Stephen Shih: Digital in Industrial Machinery,” 動画, 2016年11月17日
- “Stephen Shih: How Developing-Market Companies Can Organize for the Next Phase of Growth,” 動画, 2015年12月2日
In the News
- “The coronavirus could actually make working from home more commonplace,” CNBC, 2020年3月6日
- “U.S. Firms Say China's Business Climate Is Warming, Survey Finds; Upbeat tone comes despite a rise in China-U.S. trade tensions and worries over regulation ,” The Wall Street Journal, 2018年1月30日
- “China picks up as a top investment destination, survey says,” CNBC, 2018年1月25日
- “China-Knowledge Is Key For Companies Like Bain, L’Oréal & Grant Thornton,” Business Because, 2018年1月2日
- “MNCs struggling to retain talent in China: Bain,” CNBC, 2017年1月13日