Courtney della Cava is a partner based in our San Francisco office. She is a key member of the firm’s Leadership and Talent practice and leads the global Bain Executive Network.
With more than 20 years of management consulting experience, Courtney advises corporate and private equity industry clients on CEO succession, CEO and Board effectiveness and broader organizational talent strategies and solutions. She holds deep expertise in organizational topics including talent strategy, corporate governance, succession planning, executive assessment and leadership development. During her tenure at Bain in the United States and Europe, she has published numerous insights and has been regularly featured in the Wall Street Journal and other major media outlets.
Courtney previously served as a partner and managing director for Russell Reynolds Associates, a global executive search and talent assessment firm, and as European marketing director for M&M Mars. Earlier, she held product and marketing roles with Toyota/Lexus, and began her career at WPP/Hill and Knowlton, where she worked with clients including Procter & Gamble, PepsiCo, and Mazda.
She has served on multiple nonprofit boards and currently serves as Board Vice Chair of the Mount Tamalpais School in Mill Valley, CA.
Courtney earned an MBA from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, where she was awarded the Dean’s Award of Excellence and received a Ford Fellowship scholarship to study at Keio Business School in Tokyo. She is also a graduate of the University of California, Los Angeles, where she earned a B.A. in Economics, magna cum laude.
She is a dual citizen of the US and Italy.
- “Congrats on your new CEO job! Maybe one day you’ll get to meet your employees,” The Wall Street Journal, 2020년8월7일
- “CEO Successions Slowed in 2020. The Pace Is About to Pick Up,” 스냅차트, 2021년3월12일
- “A Left-Brained Approach to Portfolio Company Talent Decisions,” Global Private Equity Report, 2021년3월1일, Report
- “Crisis Put CEO Successions on Hold in 2020. Expect a Rebound in 2021.,” Brief, 2021년2월23일
- “What's Next? Empowering Bain Employees and Alumni Through Our Career Networks,” Beyond the Bio Podcast, 2020년11월15일, Podcast
- “In the Spotlight: CEO transitions fall by nearly one-third during a crisis,” MoneyFM 89.3, 2020년9월6일
- “Courtney della Cava on MoneyFM,” MoneyFM, 2020년8월7일
- “Spencer Stuart and Bain & Company release new report on CEO succession during periods of crisis ,” Press release, 2020년7월20일
- “Covid-19: Is Your Board Hitting the Brakes on CEO Succession?,” Brief, 2020년7월20일