Stephen Shih is our Executive Vice President, Learning and Development, based in Shanghai. He previously served as the leader of our Asia-Pacific Organization practice.
Stephen has advised clients across a range of sectors related to agribusiness, resources and energy, automotive, consumer goods, retail, business services and technology. He has substantial experience in growth strategy, joint ventures, operating model design, and leadership and talent.
Stephen has applied his consulting expertise globally with us, having worked in our Boston, Beijing and Hong Kong offices. He has been interviewed for insights on business in China by media such as The Economist, CNBC, The New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal.
In addition to his client work, he has led our Asia-Pacific recruiting team.
Outside of work, Stephen is a board member of Junior Achievement China and Concordia International School Shanghai.
He holds an MBA from the UCLA Anderson School of Management, where he graduated as a Carter Fellow, and an A.B. in Economics from Princeton University.
- “2018 China Leadership Report: Updated Insights for Talent Seekers,” Report, 2018년12월12일
- “Stephen Shih: China's Growing Pool of Leadership Talent,” Video, 2016년12월16일
- “Stephen Shih: Digital in Industrial Machinery,” Video, 2016년11월17일
- “Stephen Shih: How Developing-Market Companies Can Organize for the Next Phase of Growth,” Video, 2015년12월2일
- “How Developing-Market Companies Can Organize for the Next Phase of Growth,” Brief, 2015년10월7일
In the News
- “The coronavirus could actually make working from home more commonplace,” CNBC, 2020년3월6일
- “U.S. Firms Say China's Business Climate Is Warming, Survey Finds; Upbeat tone comes despite a rise in China-U.S. trade tensions and worries over regulation ,” The Wall Street Journal, 2018년1월30일
- “China picks up as a top investment destination, survey says,” CNBC, 2018년1월25일
- “China-Knowledge Is Key For Companies Like Bain, L’Oréal & Grant Thornton,” Business Because, 2018년1월2일
- “MNCs struggling to retain talent in China: Bain,” CNBC, 2017년1월13일