Mark Schofield is a partner in Bain & Company's Toronto office. He is an expert in Bain's Financial Services practice.
He has more than 15 years of management consulting experience, with a deep focus on retail banking and wealth management.
Mark primarily advises commercial banks and wealth managers on issues including portfolio strategy, full potential and growth strategy, customer segmentation, value proposition development, distribution strategy, operational improvement, cost reduction, risk management, capital allocation, due diligence and transaction support.
He has applied his consulting expertise globally with Bain, having served clients throughout Canada, the United States, Southeast Asia and Australia, and the UK and Europe.
Mark holds an MA in Economics & Management from Keble College, Oxford University.
- “The Bank Branch and Call Center Traffic Jam,” Report, November 2016
- “Mundane Interactions Can Still Win Over Mobile Customers,” American Banker, May 2016, Article
- “Just Make It Easy: A Guide to Loyalty in Banking,” Brief, May 2016
- “Four Ways to Save the Dying Bank Branch,” American Banker, January 2016, Article
- “Is the Bank Branch Dead?,” Brief, November 2015