From brand perception to supply chain efficiency, consumer products companies face a long list of daunting challenges. Retail consolidation, digitalization and the race to enter emerging markets add growing pressure. Where do you turn? We’ve helped 23 of the 25 largest global consumer products companies see through the haze, increasing profits and building sustained value.
M&A Report 2021
As the world locked down and masked up, M&A endured. Bain's third annual Global M&A Report details how companies are using mergers and acquisitions to grow.Explore the report
What We Do
What We Do
Bain works with consumer products companies around the world to:
- Develop the components of a winning strategy amid disruption, using our Bain Radar 360SM approach, which helps you track new angles of category disruption, increase the focus on consumer needs and embrace an analytical methodology for identifying disruptions and gauging their impact.
- Accelerate brand growth, even in slow categories in developed markets, using the Bain Brand Accelerator
- Become a true partner for retailers, managing key accounts more effectively than ever
- Help you turn your supply chains into a competitive weapon
- Master mergers and acquisitions to gain a competitive advantage in target selection, valuation and integration—building additional scale and the resulting economic efficiencies
- Simplify, speed up and slim down operating models to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of your organization
- Our clients include companies in the food, beverages, personal and household care, consumer durables, luxury goods, apparel and shoes, recreational products, over-the-counter medicines and other sectors.
How We Work
How We Work
We help consumer products companies become more successful by identifying where to focus to build the most value. We assist in accelerating brand and category growth, expanding into new markets or optimizing costs, to name just a few.
Our consumer products practitioners combine deep industry expertise and experience in all major regions and functional areas with proven proprietary approaches and rigorous fact-based analysis. Our Advanced Analytics and Big Data capabilities, as well as our Bain Lighthouse℠ resource, provide in-depth and distinctive insights on actual shopper behaviors.
In addition, Bain’s deep experience in the retail industry brings further perspective to our understanding of industry challenges and opportunities. Our teams collaborate with clients to develop common objectives, define roles and responsibilities, propose recommendations and implement practical solutions.