Amit Sinha is a partner based in Bain & Company's New Delhi office. He leads the firm's Advanced Manufacturing & Services practice in India, as well as the Utilities & Renewables sector in Asia-Pacific.
Amit has more than 15 years of management consulting experience advising private, public and MNC firms as well as the government of India. His expertise spans a range of industries, including IT services, private equity and consumer products, with a deep focus in the energy and power and airlines sectors. He specializes in growth strategy, performance improvement and turnarounds, market entry and full potential, strategy implementation, commercial due diligence and organization.
Amit has also written several articles in national print media on mining, power sector reforms and IT, and has been extensively quoted in prominent media outlets. He is a member of CII's national committee on the power sector and was selected for Aspen's India Leadership Fellow program in 2012.
Amit started his career at Bain's Boston office in 2002. He moved to India in 2006 to help start Bain's India office as the first official employee.
Prior to joining Bain, Amit worked at iGATE Patni, where he supported implementation of financial software for clients in Singapore and the United States. He started his career with Tata Motors in Jamshedpur as a gradate engineer trainee in 1994.
Amit holds a dual MBA from the Wharton School (finance and strategy), where he was named a Palmer Scholar and received the Siebel Scholarship. He also holds a B.Engg. in electrical and electronics engineering from the Birla Institute of Technology, India.
- “Digital Transformation for Utilities: More Tortoise, Less Hare,” Brief, fevereiro 05, 2019
- “Plugging into Emerging Electricity Markets,” Brief, fevereiro 03, 2016
- “India to add 2,000 MW solar capacity in January-March, major projects in states like Andhra Pradesh and Telangana ,” The Economic Times, janeiro 15, 2016, Utilities & Renewables
- “Energy Efficiency: Opportunities in Emerging Markets,” Brief, agosto 26, 2015
- “Saving to grow: Using procurement to win in Asia,” Forbes.com, janeiro 23, 2014, Article