Tamara Olsen is a partner in Bain & Company’s Boston office and is an active contributor to the Medical Technology and Performance Improvement practices, and to Bain's work in the US Education sector.
Since joining Bain in 2003, Tamara has directed teams in multiple sectors of the healthcare space. Tamara has led in-depth analyses of US healthcare reform trends, with a particular focus on payment reform and benefit design. She has also advised corporate clients on both general strategy, including growth and sales force optimization, and long-term implementation issues such as performance improvement and organizational design.
Beyond healthcare, Tamara has led work in adjacency growth strategies, strategic due diligence, product development, customer segmentation, complexity reduction and manufacturing footprint optimization.
In 2013, Tamara was named to the Forum of Young Global Leaders, a community of more than 700 exceptional young individuals who share a commitment to shaping the global future, by the World Economic Forum. Apart from her professional achievements, Tamara was also recognized by the Forum for her societal contributions in economic empowerment and in education reform.
Prior to joining Bain, Tamara worked at The Bridgespan Group, a nonprofit strategy consulting firm affiliated with Bain & Company and served as Chief of Staff for a local civil rights organization.
Tamara received her MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business in June 2003, where she was an Arjay Miller Scholar. She also earned a degree in Government with honors from Harvard College.
- “Tamara Olsen: Leading a Transformation from the Front Line,” Video, novembro 29, 2017
- “Blueprint for Healthcare Provider Success,” Brief, dezembro 17, 2014
- “Tipping the scales in the global battle of the bulge,” Forbes.com, fevereiro 14, 2014, Article
- “Growing Business Opportunities for Healthy Living,” Brief, janeiro 23, 2014
- “Opportunities in integrated care for pharma and medtech,” Brief, setembro 25, 2013