John Norton is a partner in Bain & Company's Houston office. He is a leader in Bain's Energy & Natural Resources, Oil & Gas, Utilities & Alternative Energy and Advanced Manufacturing & Services practices.
He has more than 10 years of management consulting experience, working with senior executives and management teams to address their most pressing strategic issues.
John holds deep expertise in unconventional oil and gas, including shale gas, tight oil and coal seam methane. He has also advised exploration & production, pipeline, generation and transmission & distribution companies on growth strategy and performance improvement.
Since joining Bain in 2001, John has applied his management consulting experience globally, working with companies in North America, Europe, Latin America and Australia.
Prior to Bain, John worked for Coastal Corporation in their Power Generation and Pipeline business.
John earned an MBA from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, where he graduated with honors. He has a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a minor in Spanish from Brigham Young University.
- “John Norton: Shale in a Low-Price Environment,” Video, 01.07.2016
- “How Shale Companies Can Transform to Survive,” Brief, 29.03.2016
- “Operational Excellence: Maintaining Focus in a Time of Oil Price Volatility,” Brief, 27.05.2015
- “John Norton: Keys to winning in the unconventionals,” Video, 24.11.2014
- “Be Right More Often: How Utilities can Make Better Bets,” Brief, 29.01.2014