WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH:
Imagine a role that builds on your academic and personal capabilities, providing the most interesting business challenges and the opportunity to tackle them with the brightest and most supportive peer group. A role where you’ll make an impact from day one and be set on a global career path that will maximize your future career potential.
We have a long tradition of solving the most challenging problems with notable industry leaders and our junior consultants are the linchpins of this success. If you’re an ambitious individual who enjoys working with the brightest, most curious minds then we’d love you to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a junior consultant, your analytical, interpersonal, creative thinking, business management and leadership skills will be called upon from day one. You will be in the thick of the action as you work side-by-side with some of the best in the business. And you will help create change.
Every day is different but a sample of the things you can expect to accomplish include:
- Research the client organization and industry; interview, conduct focus groups and facilitate workshops with client employees, management teams and other stakeholders
- Identify issues, create hypotheses and execute analysis; translate data into meaningful insights; present recommendations to key decision makers
- Move the client to action; develop a plan to implement the strategic recommendations; manage the executionBe a mentor to junior team members
Everything you do is geared toward achieving bottom-line results for our clients. Along the way, you will also learn to refine your interpersonal and people management skills. This helps you to properly identify client needs, build deeper client relationships and gain consensus—all of which make you a better leader.
Learning as a Bain JC takes many other forms, from formal global training programs to informal mentoring on a day-to-day basis. The overall experience is incredibly enriching from both a personal and a professional standpoint.
Successful Bain JCs are recognized not only for their excellent analytical skills but also for their interpersonal abilities and team skills.
Given the workload and performance expectations of this position, JCs are regularly required to work more than 60 hours/week to perform essential duties of the job.
- MBA from a top business school; MDs, JDs, PhDs and experienced professionals are also encouraged to apply
- Experience in consulting, a start-up or other business environment beneficial, but not required
- A solid team player who’s also an independent thinker
- A robust analytical skillset, endless curiosity and a penchant to think the impossible
- Must be deadline driven, organized and able to multi-task
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills are important
- Fluency in English plus local language for Non-US offices
- Sharp problem-solving skills
- A results-oriented track record
- Solid leadership experience
- A passion for consulting—and for life
Since Bain is a general management consulting firm, we are not looking for individuals with specific industry expertise. Our JCs do not enter an industry practice area and do not specialize until later in their careers. We look for people who possess a high level of energy and a sincere desire to affect change in diverse industries on diverse client challenges.
WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 13 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.