Rapidly escalating sales force levels yielding lower returns.
PharmaCo* used experimentation to create new sales design.
The key recommendations include:
- Create smaller selling teams focused on fewer physician offices and physicians
- Reduce number of PharmaCo reps that see the same doctor
- Treat physician offices as accounts rather than just individual doctors
- Train reps and district managers in account management skills
- Create single point sales manager accountability for products in a given region
- Change tracking measures to realign incentive system to new model
PharmaCo's expected results from the new sales model include:
- 15% improvement in sales rep productivity
- 5-8% higher revenues on core products
- Stronger physician-rep relationships as measured over time
- Greater flexibility to add and remove products and resources
* We take our clients' confidentiality seriously. While we've changed their names, the results are real.