He is also the global lead for Bain's Leadership Center of Excellence, which works with C-suites to build sustained alignment to fully realize the goals of the company's strategy, often during times of transformation and industry turbulence. Bain's Leadership Approach helps inspire—and rewire—senior leaders and teams to ensure that their shared purpose is reflected in the way they work with the broader organization.
He has deep expertise and experience across a range of sectors within retail and hospitality, including hotels, restaurants/food and beverage, theme parks, cruise lines, specialty retail and retail services. His functional expertise includes results delivery, growth strategy, customer segmentation, cost and operations optimization, organization and change management. He also has significant experience working with private equity funds and portfolio companies.
Phil has been a featured guest on Reuters TV and was profiled in Dow Jones Bankruptcy Review. He has also been quoted in international and trade outlets, including Reuters, Washington Business Journal, The Washington Post, The Times, The Australian, Conde Nast Portfolio, Hospitality Trends, Travel Daily China and Gaming Industry Wire.
He joined Bain in 1985 and left the firm from 2001 to 2008 to take on CEO/president roles at Princess Cruises and Teleflora.
Prior to joining Bain, Phil worked as a financial analyst with Honeywell Information Systems. He received an MBA from Harvard Business School and holds a Bachelor of Science in finance from Arizona State University.
- “Covid-19: The 2020–21 Impact on Travel,” Webinar, abril 21, 2020
- “How to Make Your Teams Stronger in a Crisis,” Brief, marzo 20, 2020
- “Today’s Traveler: Infinite Paths to Purchase,” Brief, noviembre 25, 2019
- “Phil Kleweno: Cultivating the Traits of Effective Leadership Teams,” Video, diciembre 07, 2018
- “Getting Teamwork Right at the Top,” Managing Change Blog, octubre 19, 2018, Article