Russ Hagey is a partner, director and the Worldwide Chief Talent Officer of Bain & Company. He is based in Bain's Los Angeles office.
He advises clients in the medical devices and healthcare services sectors, as well as high technology, wholesale trade and distribution, consumer products and retail. He holds deep expertise in corporate strategies, growth initiatives, new product development, acquisitions, sales force and distribution issues. His work has spanned large corporate entities in addition to venture and private equity-backed ownership stakes.
As Worldwide Chief Talent Officer, Russ oversees the firm's recruiting, professional development, training and human resources functions for Bain's global staff.
Russ ranked number three on Forbes's list of the top 10 chief human resources officers (CHROs) in 2015. Consulting Magazine also named him among the top 25 consultants in its 2007 industry survey.
Russ has led non-profit efforts for Bain's Los Angeles office, where he served as the office's managing partner for more than 10 years.
He serves as Chair for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation and sits on the boards of directors for LA's BEST, a nationally recognized after-school program, and the Southern California Committee for the Olympic Games.
Russ earned his MBA from Stanford Graduate School of Business. He is also a graduate of University of California at Los Angeles where he received a BA in Economics and was elected Phi Beta Kappa.
- “Bain & Company ranks on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the second year in a row,” Press release, abril 12, 2021
- “Covid-19: Inspiring Employees during the Crisis and Beyond,” Webinar, mayo 21, 2020
- “Trump Travel Ban Is a Wake-Up Call for Business; Corporations rethink hiring, training policies as they brace for more uncertainty ,” The Wall Street Journal , febrero 02, 2017
- “The 2017 Executive Outlook: Pedal to the Metal,” Consulting Magazine, enero 18, 2017
- “My picks for the top 10 CHROs, and why it matters,” Forbes.com, febrero 11, 2015