Although construction is booming in markets around the world, many companies in the industry have learned through bitter experience to hold back on investment in preparation for the next downturn. That’s not exactly a robust growth strategy. Bain works with the world’s leading construction and building products firms to consistently achieve positive results across favorable and unfavorable market environments.
What We Do
- Digital: Demystify digital and focus on practical, immediate steps that set you on a path to digital leadership.
- Cost: Whether you need to rapidly capture cost savings opportunities, zero-base your budget or strategically transform your cost structure, Bain can help.
- Operations: Reimagine your operations—from supply chain to procurement—to unlock growth, reduce costs and unleash your strategy.
- Strategy: Since Bain’s founding in 1973, strategy has been our core business. We work with companies to develop strategies that deliver results.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Improve your odds of successful M&A through an integrated, battle-tested approach that links acquisition strategy, commercial diligence and merger integration.
- Organization: Ensure your organization is set up to deliver on your company’s strategy.
Bain has construction and building products experience centers across the Americas, Europe and Asia. We work with some of the industry’s largest multinational corporations and small and midsize businesses. We have learned that to be successful in construction you need to understand the business at a global, regional, country, local and project-by-project level. We have experience working with companies across multiple areas of the industry including:
- Basic building materials (including cement, concrete, aggregates, brick, glass and other materials)
- Building products (including roofing, siding, lumber, plywood, OSB, insulation, wallboard, windows, doors, cabinets, countertops, HVAC, piping, plumbing fixtures/fittings, flooring, electrical products, paint and many other products)
- Distribution and retail (spanning a wide range of distribution ecosystems)
- Homebuilding (including national and regional/local builders)
- Engineering, construction and procurement (EPC) (including all segments of the EPC value chain)
And we have experience across multiple construction end-markets—including residential, non-residential and public sector/infrastructure.