Herbert Blum is the global head of our Telecommunications practice.
Since joining the firm more than 20 years ago, Herbert has advised various leading network service providers and their equipment vendors, as well as large private equity investors. He is a recognized thought leader on the industry's future evolution, having written multiple publications on monetization, CAPEX, 5G network evolution and carrier strategy and has been frequently featured in various media outlets.
Prior to joining Bain, Herbert founded HPC M and built a 130-FTE-strong salesforce for telecom services in western Canada before working at Fonorola (Sprint/MCI). He currently serves on the Board of Telecon, Inc., Canada's leading telecommunication network infrastructure services provider.
Herbert volunteers his time both to the matter of advancing the independence of underprivileged women in India, as well as the Melinda & Bill Gates Foundation. In addition, he actively supports numerous charities in the Greater Toronto Area.
Herbert received his MBA from the Kellogg School of Management. Prior to joining Bain, he earned his MA in economics from Queen's University. In addition, he holds a BA with Honours in Economics from Bishops University and the Zwischenprüfung in Theoretical Mathematics from the Albert-Ludwigs University Freiburg, Germany. Herbert has been rewarded with a host of honors and awards for his academic achievements.
- “Building the Infrastructure for a World of Virtual Services,” Video, mayo 27, 2020
- “Telcos and Their Infrastructure: The Wave of Separations is Not Over,” Infographic, mayo 25, 2020
- “Lockdown’s Data-Hungry Legacy Will Show the True Value of 5G,” Brief, mayo 01, 2020
- “Telcos and Coronavirus: Three Steps to Manage the Crisis,” Brief, marzo 25, 2020
- “Telco 2030: Wait-and-See Is No Longer an Option,” Brief, febrero 24, 2020