Herbert Jörg Blum is a partner in Bain & Company's Toronto office and the global head of the firm's Telecommunications practice. He also leads Bain's Capital Effectiveness Center of Excellence.
Since joining Bain in 1998, Herbert has been active across all five continents. He focuses his engagements on all aspects of the telecom industry value chain, working both with service providers and equipment vendors.
Herbert's deep telecommunications expertise is frequently sought out by governments to advise on policy issues and has been applied to a multitude of due diligence and post-merger integration efforts for private equity and corporate clients. In addition, he is well published in matters of capital effectiveness and the telecommunications industry.
Herbert volunteers his time both to the matter of advancing the independence of underprivileged women in India, as well as the Melinda & Bill Gates Foundation. In addition, he actively supports numerous charities in the Greater Toronto Area.
Herbert received his MBA from the Kellogg School of Management. Prior to joining Bain, he earned his MA in economics from Queen's University. In addition, he holds a BA with Honours in Economics from Bishops University and the Zwischenprüfung in Theoretical Mathematics from the Albert-Ludwigs University Freiburg, Germany. Herbert has been rewarded with a host of honors and awards for his academic achievements.
- “The Business Case for 5G,” The Hindu, enero 13, 2019, Article
- “Telcos’ $400 Billion As-a-Service Enterprise Gold Mine,” Brief, diciembre 13, 2018
- “Why the 5G Pessimists Are Wrong,” Brief, junio 28, 2018
- “Capital Effectiveness in Telcos: What Business School Didn't Teach You,” Brief, julio 20, 2017
- “Close to the Core: Telcos' Competitive Advantage in the Internet of Things,” Brief, febrero 24, 2017