John has more than 20 years of management consulting experience and has worked with numerous consumer products management teams to achieve major corporate transformations. He formerly led Bain's Americas Consumer Products practice and was a leader in the EMEA practice while working in our Zurich office.
He has also led projects in the consumer products industry on corporate strategy, mergers and acquisitions, post-merger integration, business unit strategy, portfolio optimization, pricing, trade strategy, route to market and cost reduction.
John has spoken at numerous conferences on core and adjacency growth. He has been published in the Harvard Business Review on brand growth and has additionally been quoted extensively in such publications as The Economist and The Financial Times on innovation.
Prior to joining Bain in 1994, John was a brand manager at Procter & Gamble. He also worked as an associate consultant at Bain before attending business school.
He earned an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA from Amherst College.
- “Getting Sustainability Right,” Infographic, octubre 27, 2021
- “Memo to Big Brands: It’s Too Soon to Write Off Insurgents,” Brief, mayo 15, 2020
- “Insurgents Are Putting the Consumer Back in Consumer Goods,” Brief, mayo 29, 2019
- “How Insurgent Brands Are Rewriting the Growth Playbook,” Brief, mayo 30, 2018
- “Overcoming the Existential Crisis in Consumer Goods,” Brief, marzo 07, 2018