Marcial Rapela is a partner based in Bain & Company's Santiago's office. He serves as the Santiago office head and is an expert in the firm's Energy & Natural Resources, Advanced Manufacturing & Services and Metals & Mining practices.
He joined Bain in 2002, and has more than 15 years of experience in management consulting.
Marcial has worked with top management of large national and multinational groups in several industries such as financial services, healthcare, consumer goods, transportation and logistics, technology, retail and agrochemicals, in Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Peru, Mexico, and Central America.
Marcial has led engagements addressing strategic planning, business unit and corporate strategy, internationalization strategy, M&A, corporate and organizational restructuring, operational excellence programs, distribution strategy, customer loyalty, IT, and product portfolio optimization.
Prior to joining Bain, he worked for 4 years at International Trade Logistics (ITL), a conglomerate of logistics companies in Argentina, as Operations Manager and as Business Development and Marketing Manager. He also worked in a pharmaceutical company in Argentina and in a high-tech company in Australia.
Marcial graduated in Business Administration and Accounting from Universidad de Buenos Aires (Argentina), and holds an MBA from Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University (USA).
He is fluent in Portuguese, English, and Spanish.
- “¿Cuál será el futuro del consumo en Chile?,” Webinar, septiembre 29, 2021
- “Americas Air Traffic 2020–2023: Post–Covid-19 Demand Scenarios and Share-Shift Projections,” Webinar, septiembre 29, 2020
- “Consumidores chilenos han comprado un 39% más por internet desde que comenzó la pandemia y se estima que ese fenómeno continúe una vez que termine,” Press release, agosto 26, 2020
- “La Empresa Del Futuro,” Brief, abril 12, 2017
- “Estrategia más allá del tamaño,” Brief, octubre 20, 2016