We welcome pre-MBA candidates to experience what a career in strategy consulting is like. Join us as we host a series of events, virtual talks, and opportunities for you to meet the team at Bain. Learn what we do in our work, meet our people, and get ready for the fall.
A great way to fast-track your career
The world's companies turn to Bain for answers to their toughest problems and if you join us as a consultant, that person they reach out to might be you. Join a selective group of highly motivated individuals interested in enriching their career with early exposure to management consulting work. Watch virtual talks and network with other pre-MBA individuals. You can also stay in touch via our podcast and biweekly newsletter.
Get a feel for consulting
Meet with consultants and learn Bain's unique problem-solving method.
Find your community
You’ll get to connect with a variety of Bain teams and affinity groups.
Prepare for the fall
Learn how recruiting works and how to best prepare for interviews.
Stay in touch over the summer
Follow our podcast, newsletter, and recordings we’ll share through The Compass.
Get your start in the consulting world
Learn about consulting
Figure out if consulting is the right path for you.
Find the path for you
There are many careers within the consulting world and after your MBA, no matter your interests. Find what resonates with you.
Get a head start
Our recruiters are here to offer tips and tricks for recruiting.
Start your program energized
New friends and mentors can offer advice for getting the most from your program.
This program is for pre-MBA recruits
This program is designed for individuals who’ve been accepted into an MBA program at an eligible school.
Register to attend programming from June to early August.
Everything you need to know
Which schools are eligible to participate in ExperienceBain?
At this time, you must be admitted to one of the schools below to participate in 2023 ExperienceBain.
- Anderson Graduate School of Management, University of California, Los Angeles
- Booth School of Business, University of Chicago
- Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge
- Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
- China Europe International Business School
- Columbia Business School, Columbia University
- Darden School of Business, University of Virginia
- Foster School of Business, University of Washington
- Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
- Goizueta Business School, Emory University
- Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley
- Harvard Business School, Harvard University
- HEC Paris
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- IE Business School
- IESE Business School
- IMD Business School
- Johnson School of Management, Cornell University
- Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University
- Kelley School of Business, Indiana University
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- London Business School
- Marshall Business School, University of Southern California
- McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin
- McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University
- Mendoza College of Business, University of Notre Dame
- Olin Business School, Washington University in St Louis
- Owen Graduate School of Management, Vanderbilt University
- Ross School of Business, University of Michigan
- Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
- Scheller College of Business, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford University
- Stern School of Business, New York University
- Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College
- Warrington College of Business, University of Florida
- Yale School of Management, Yale University
To register, do I need to know where I am attending business school next fall?
To participate in the program, you must be admitted to one of the MBA programs on the eligible schools list. When registering, you will be asked which MBA program you are most likely to attend in 2023; if you have been accepted to multiple programs, please select the one you are most likely to attend. You can update your recruit profile with your final decision at a later time.
Will ExperienceBain be virtual or in person?
ExperienceBain is optional, virtual, and designed to fit around your existing commitments, making it easy to include in your summer schedule. There will be select invite-only opportunities to meet Bain representatives in-person, but you won't be required to travel.
What is the time commitment to participate in ExperienceBain?
Events for ExperienceBain will take place from June to early August, and typically last for 60 minutes. There will be 1-2 events per week, giving you the flexibility to pick and choose based on your interests and questions. Live events will be recorded and made available on The Compass, our secure digital content library.
I'm not sure which office(s) I'm interested in recruiting for—how should I note my preferences?
The ExperienceBain registration form will ask you to list your top three office preferences. Consider the cities you'd like to live in after your MBA program; if your plans change, you can update your preferences throughout the recruitment process. During ExperienceBain, you will have the chance to see how our global offices work, build relationships with our teams, and decide which offices are the ideal fit for you.
Can I apply to both ExperienceBain and BASE? How are they different?
Yes, we encourage you to apply for ExperienceBain and BASE. Both programs help you understand consulting and Bain before you begin business school, but they are different experiences.
ExperienceBain is a larger program open to all incoming MBA students heading to select schools. It features a robust lineup of programming throughout the summer, including opportunities to learn about our DEI initiatives and affinity groups.
BASE is a highly selective program open only to pre-MBA recruits identifying as Black, Hispanic/Latinx and/or Indigenous. The hallmark gathering is our week-long immersive BASE Camp experience.