Customer Experience Tools
Explore more insights from Bain's 2020 Customer Experience Tools and Trends survey: Let No Tool Stand Alone.
Salesforce automation uses technology to manage sales activities, processes and administrative responsibilities. Salesforce automation can help sales professionals manage contacts and territories, as well as analyze and track orders. These tools also collect sales and performance data, so that other sales personnel, executive leadership and non-sales functions can easily access it.
Our insights share how the right CX tools make customers’ lives richer and more fulfilling and strengthen a company’s economics by holding down costs and securing new revenue streams.
By freeing salespeople from manual tasks, salesforce automation allows them to spend more time serving customers. These tools also help employees share customer information with colleagues who will interact with customers at later stages of the life cycle.
How companies use salesforce automation tools
- Sales enhancement. Structured data that’s segmented by industry and customer can inform sales strategies and improve outcomes. Automating sales tasks and customer interactions also helps representatives spend their time more efficiently and effectively.
- Cross-functional coordination. Salesforce automation enables companies to coordinate their sales activities across business units, reducing unwanted interactions and customer annoyance. These tools also help salespeople share customer insights and preferences.
- Data protection. A structured, reliable approach to managing customer data and protecting privacy is essential for every organization. Sound salesforce automation tools prevent data tampering and offer managed access to the system.
- Customer analytics. Salespeople usually provide the first interaction between a customer and service provider. The insights they gather help the company better understand its customers and tailor its offerings.
- Performance management. Salesforce automation creates transparency around the sales process, allowing managers to evaluate performance, identify issues early and take corrective measures. Most salesforce automation tools help salespeople share information with their head office, informing critical decisions and enabling fast action.
Key considerations with salesforce automation tools
To implement salesforce automation tools effectively, consider the following best practices:
- Understand the sales rep perspective. Maintain honest and productive conversations with team members to build a solid basis for implementation.
- Adopt a progressive and easy transition. Leading companies support their salesforce during the transition phase, which can help sustain performance during this time of reduced selling.
- Merge technology with culture. Make the switch to salesforce automation a clear priority for the whole organization. It is important to gather feedback from salespeople and have clear commitment from top executives.
- Make it mandatory. Companies that require their salespeople to use salesforce automation tools are more likely to succeed.