Alan Bird is an advisory partner based in Bain & Company's London office.
Alan has more than 25 years of consulting experience spanning a wide range of industries and geographies. He founded Bain's Results Delivery® practice, which supports clients undergoing major transformational change and provides leadership on how to ensure that change efforts realize their full potential.
Alan also founded and led Bain's global Metals & Mining practice, which works with clients across all major geographies and commodities. He has led multiple client assignments in the sector including work on growth strategy, organizational effectiveness, leadership and talent supply, procurement, performance improvement, safety, capital project management, support services effectiveness and government relations.
Alan also has deep experience in consumer products including world-class manufacturing, distribution strategy, marketing organization effectiveness, salesforce effectiveness and pricing strategy.
Prior to joining Bain, Alan worked for Pilkington, as a managing consultant for Metapraxis Inc., and as an associate for The MAC Group. He also worked for Southern Sun Group as a sales and marketing director, and for Gemini Consulting Inc. as a vice president.
Alan has authored several articles on mining, change management, leadership supply and talent management for publications such as the European Business Journal, Forbes.com, Global Agenda and Handbook of Business Strategy.
Alan earned an MBA with distinction from INSEAD and a BA with honors from Cambridge University.
- “Alan Bird: The What, Who and How of Delivering Results,” Video, julio 08, 2016
- “Three Questions to Spur Corporate Change Efforts,” Forbes.com, abril 14, 2016, Article
- “The What, Who and How of Delivering Results,” Brief, febrero 09, 2016
- “Making star teams out of star players,” Harvard Business Review, enero 16, 2013, Article
- “Complexity may be inevitable but it must be managed,” Article, abril 28, 2009