Steve Berez is a partner in Bain & Company's Boston office. He joined Bain in 1980 and is the co-founder of Bain's Enterprise Technology practice, which he currently leads in the Americas. He is also an expert in Bain's Digital practice.
Steve has experience across a broad range of industries including financial services, technology, retail, healthcare, consumer products, and industrial goods and services. These assignments have addressed such topics as IT strategy and management; IT architecture transformation and complexity reduction; ERP and other core system replacement; business process redesign; IT-enabled growth strategy, salesforce effectiveness and customer relationship management; outsourcing and offshoring programs for operations and IT and cost reduction.
Steve has published articles in the areas of growth, operations and IT strategy.
Steve received an MBA degree from Stanford University, where he was named a Miller Scholar. He also earned a bachelor of science degree in computer science and engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he received MIT’s highest award, the Compton Prize.
- “How to Plan and Budget for Agile at Scale,” Brief, octubre 2019
- “Four Myths of Digital Transformation: What Only 8% of Companies Know,” Article, junio 2019
- “How Agile Is Powering Healthcare Innovation,” Brief, junio 2019
- “Agile Is Not Enough,” MIT Sloan Management Review, marzo 2019, Article
- “Overcoming Digital's Biggest Obstacle: Legacy IT,” Forbes.com, abril 2017, Article