Gary Turner is a partner in Bain & Company's Sydney office. He is a leader in Bain's Asia-Pacific Financial Services practice. He is also an active contributor to the firm’s Results Delivery® and Strategy practice areas.
Gary joined Bain in 1985 in London and transferred to Australia in 1990. He has more than 20 years of experience in all sub-segments of the financial services sector, working with numerous clients in Australia and New Zealand, throughout Asia and in the US.
He holds deep expertise in corporate and business unit growth and repositioning strategies, customer segmentation methodologies, new product launch programs and distribution channel strategies. Gary also has significant experience in international growth strategy, particularly in China.
His prior management experience includes a role as executive general manager for international business development with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
Gary holds an MBA, with distinction, from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, and an MA in philosophy, politics and economics from Brasenose College, University of Oxford.
- “Gary Turner: Manage for Glory or for Cash,” Video, diciembre 16, 2016
- “Retail Banks: Manage for Glory or Cash?,” Brief, julio 13, 2016
- “Gary Turner: How Banks Can Rediscover Strategy,” Video, noviembre 18, 2015
- “The Return of Corporate Strategy in Banking,” Brief, septiembre 02, 2015
- “Turning a big idea into global change,” Huffington Post Canada, julio 15, 2014, Article