Suvir Varma is a senior advisor for our Southeast Asia business.
He was formerly a leader in our Private Equity and Sovereign Wealth Fund practices.
Suvir works with leading global and Asia-based PE firms and institutional investors, including SWFs, to help them realize value across the investment value chain―from firm strategy and sector screens to commercial due diligence and portfolio company value creation.
He has 25 years of relevant experience in investment banking and consulting. Over the last decade, he has focused on advising private equity and government-linked investors across the world. In addition, he has led corporate strategy and turnaround efforts with clients across banking and insurance, industrial conglomerates, consumer products, oil and gas and family owned groups.
Prior to joining Bain, Suvir was a Principal with another global consulting firm in Singapore and the head of the firm's Strategy practice in the region. He was also Country Head for their business in Thailand. Suvir started his professional career in the investment banking industry in North America.
Suvir is active on the Board of the Singapore Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (SVCA) and works with a number of other bodies focused on advancing the PE industry in Asia. He has authored several reports and articles on PE in Asia and speaks regularly at investing conferences across the region.
Suvir holds an MBA from The Booth Graduate School of Business at the University of Chicago and a BS in business administration from Babson College.
- “Sustainability Wins as Investors in Southeast Asia Shift Focus,” Report, noviembre 12, 2019
- “Asia's Private Equity Market Enters a New Growth Era,” Snap Chart, abril 26, 2018
- “Megadeals Propel Asia's Private Equity Market to New Highs,” Snap Chart, abril 26, 2018
- “Investors target Indonesia’s 260m population,” Financial Times, abril 10, 2018, Private Equity
- “Are Longer Holding Periods the Wave of the Future in Private Equity?,” Forbes.com, abril 02, 2018, Article