What Are Customer Experience Management Programs?
A Customer Experience Management (CXM) Program is how a business oversees its interactions with customers. An example includes the Net Promoter System℠, which drives customer-centric strategies and builds customer loyalty. By using reliable metrics and closed-loop feedback systems, companies transform the customer experience to increase growth, profitability, and competitive advantages. These programs continually improve the strength of customer relationships and create mutual benefits among other stakeholders, especially employees and investors.
Usage and satisfaction among survey respondents
How Are Customer Experience Management Programs Implemented?
Customer Experience Management Programs require companies to:
- Attract and develop senior leaders who embed a customer perspective at every level of the organization
- Design the system to monitor the health of customer relationships, embed customer advocacy throughout the business, and create a foundation for customer-led growth
- Test and refine a portfolio of measurement techniques (such as sampling, surveys, and predictive analytics) so that everyone in the organization trusts the data that surrounds the system
- Establish regular sessions to discuss real-time feedback and share ideas on solutions
- Foster an environment where employees see the connection between the work they do and its effect on customers
- Implement tools that can trigger feedback requests, capture the responses, send them to the right employees in real time, track follow-up action, and support data mining and analysis
What are the Common Uses for Customer Experience Management Programs?
Common uses of Customer Experience Management Programs include:
- Monitoring and improving customer interactions
- Facilitating the learning and development of all employees (customer facing and not)
- Measuring customer sentiment across products, regions, and channels
- Leveraging customer input to determine whether the initiatives the company is pursuing are having positive outcomes
- Integrating customer feedback into ongoing improvements