Alessandro Cadei is a partner based in Bain & Company's Milan office. He is the leader of the firm's EMEA Utilities & Renewables practice and a member of the global Energy & Natural Resources practice.
He has nearly 20 years of management consulting experience, having consistently worked with senior executives and institutional bodies to address their most pressing strategic issues. He has served clients across several markets in the EU, CEE, Middle East, North America and Latin America.
Alessandro has leveraged his deep knowledge of both local and international markets to lead more than 200 projects in the energy sector, focusing especially on power, gas and coal. He has had direct exposure to the full value chain, from gas midstream, thermal power generation and renewable energies to downstream activities, including value-added energy services. His expertise covers growth topics, including strategy, marketing, sales and commercial excellence, as well as turnaround topics, such as PMI, performance improvement, reorganization and zero-base.
Additionally, Alessandro has experience in the oil and gas sector addressing issues related to growth strategies and market scenarios, as well as in private equity deals, public listings and trade sales.
He has also chaired the Bain European Breakfast on Gas for eight consecutive years.
Prior to joining Bain in 1999, he worked for global consulting firms in New York City, London and Singapore.
Alessandro holds an MBA from INSEAD, as well as an undergraduate degree from Bocconi University.
- “Net Zero: From Political Goals to Industry Action,” Report, 22.06.2021
- “Right the First Time: How European Utilities Improve Customer Loyalty,” Article, 22.01.2021
- “European Utilities Revisit Channel Strategy in the Covid-19 Era,” Article, 02.07.2020
- “Covid-19: Implications for Utilities and How to Navigate through Uncertainty,” Webinar, 21.04.2020
- “Digital Transformation for Utilities: More Tortoise, Less Hare,” Brief, 05.02.2019