Mike Baxter is a partner based in Bain & Company’s New York office. He has more than 20 years of consulting experience in financial services and formerly served as the head of Bain’s Americas Financial Services practice.
He holds additional experience in the consumer goods and healthcare sectors.
Mike has led a broad range of engagements in the US and Europe focused on bank restructuring, product and pricing strategies, operational improvement, acquisitions, risk and capital management, organization design and decision-making and strategy. His sector experience spans retail and corporate banking, investment banking, insurance, asset management and wealth management/private banking. He has worked closely with a number of institutions to help them fundamentally restructure their businesses following the global financial crisis, working with management and with government and regulatory stakeholders.
Mike is the author of several articles on a broad range of topics, including risk and capital management, growth strategy, consumer products trends in emerging markets and brand strategy. He is also a member of Bain’s Global Strategy practice.
Mike earned an MBA at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. He also holds a BA in modern history from the University of Oxford.
- “Волк в овечьей шкуре: о разрушительных изменениях в транзакционных банковских услугах,” Brief, 16.05.2018
- “Do Investors Have A Skewed Perception of US Banks?,” Forbes.com, 16.04.2018 , Article
- “Are Investors Mispricing US Bank Risks?,” Brief, 21.03.2018
- “Bad Behavior Database Aims to Stop Rogue Traders Before They Act,” Bloomberg Markets, 18.01.2017 , Финансовые услуги
- “You've Heard of Fintech, Get Ready for "Regtech",” American Banker, 06.09.2016 , Article