He has more than 15 years of management consulting experience, advising clients on their biggest opportunities and challenges.
Since joining Bain in 2005, his primary focus has been in supporting consumer products, retail and industrial products clients through transformational improvement programs including supply chain strategy, supply chain reinvention, procurement, S&OP and 4-wall improvements.
Prior to joining Bain, Rob worked as an operations consultant where he led teams in post-merger integration, innovation management and productivity improvement in the automotive, technology, aerospace & defense and consumer products industries. Before entering consulting, he gained five years of industry experience as a process engineer at DuPont.
Rob earned an MBA from Harvard Business School and a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Swarthmore College.
- “To Outsource, or Not to Outsource?,” Operations Management: Find Your Edge, 24.04.2019 , Article
- “Beware of Flabby Distribution Networks,” Snap Chart, 21.12.2018
- “How to Avoid Spiraling Distribution Costs,” Snap Chart, 20.12.2018
- “Rob Ruffin: Are Your Distribution and Transportation Costs Out of Control? ,” Video, 05.11.2018
- “Are Your Distribution and Transportation Costs Out of Control?,” Brief, 11.09.2018