Alex Egan Ramanathan is a partner in Bain & Company's Chicago office. She is a leader in the firm’s Advanced Manufacturing & Services, Energy & Natural Resources, Real Estate and Mergers & Acquisitions practices.
During the course of her career at Bain, Alex has helped senior leaders across a variety of industries, including real estate, agriculture and machinery. She has particularly deep expertise in merger integration, advising companies on large- and midsized post-merger integrations and separations. In addition to her work with clients, Alex leads Bain’s global recruiting team at Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Business.
Alex started her professional career as an investment banker at Lehman Brothers. She subsequently worked for a start-up company in the customer loyalty industry and in marketing at American Express.
Alex earned a JD-MBA, cum laude, from Northwestern University and a BA in economics, magna cum laude, from Williams College.
- “Overcoming the Synergy Odds in a Merger,” The Edge Markets, junio 12, 2015, Article
- “Overcoming synergy odds in an M&A deal,” The Business Times, enero 29, 2015, Article
- “How Merging Companies Can Beat the Synergy Odds,” Forbes.com, enero 09, 2015, Article
- “Why some merging companies become synergy overachievers,” Transaction Advisors, septiembre 30, 2014, Article
- “Why Some Merging Companies Become Synergy Overachievers,” Brief, agosto 13, 2014