Peter Meijer is the vice president of our global Chemicals practice, based in Brussels. He is also a member of our broader Energy & Natural Resources practice and our Sustainability & Corporate Responsibility practice.
Peter is an expert on chemicals trends and industry developments and manages the intersection of our firm's capability and chemicals expertise. He also is a leader in Bain’s effort to address transversal sustainability themes, with deep focus on plastics sustainability and hydrogen.
Peter joined our firm in 2004 and previously worked in our Amsterdam and Sydney offices. He has deep expertise across industry sectors in growth strategies, M&A, and organizational alignment to deliver on company priorities.
He has additionally led various diligence, blueprinting and value creation efforts for Private Equity clients.
Peter holds an M.Sc. in Aerospace Engineering from Technische Universiteit Delft.
- “What Companies Can Learn from the Recent Surge in Plastic Resin Prices,” Brief, noviembre 29, 2021
- “Energy Is Only One Part of the Sustainability Transition,” Report, junio 22, 2021
- “Business Opportunities in Low-Carbon Hydrogen,” Report, junio 22, 2021
- “When Will Hydrogen Be Cost Competitive? ,” Snap Chart, marzo 23, 2021
- “Five Imperatives to Thrive in a Hydrogen Future,” Brief, enero 25, 2021