A partnership between Bain + NRF
Retail is being reshaped by fundamental changes in macro trends, consumer preferences, and technology advancements which have several critical supply chain implications including:
- Should we rely more on our store network to favor flexible fulfilment (e.g. develop BOPIS, ship from store)?
- Should we develop a best-in-class return management capability?
- Should we invest in analytics to build a competitive advantage vs. simply be at par with peers?
Retailers need to set a clear supply chain strategy and path forward or they will likely be left behind. But, even the best executives get stuck on how to approach and handle the increasing pressure and lack data to inform key business decisions.
The National Retail Federation (NRF) and Bain are partnering to identify the most reliable, forward-looking KPIs and benchmarks with the following objectives:
- Provide participants with reliable benchmark data, relevant context, and key quantitative and qualitative insights relevant for strategic decision making today, starting with ~40 Modern Supply Chain Metrics
- Ruthlessly maintain participants’ data confidentiality
- Ensure low investment for participants, with significant benefits