Throughout more than 25 years at Bain, Charlie has led numerous strategy, operations and organizational projects with leading media clients, and also with related communications, technology, services and investment clients.
Charlie formerly led Bain's Americas Media practice and has worked with top executives across the full spectrum of media industries, from content producers and studios, to programmers and networks, publishing, distributors, media retailers and new media and media services. His experience includes the development of corporate and growth strategies, M&A strategies and merger integration, new product campaigns, marketing strategies and turnarounds. He has worked closely with clients to transform their operating models in the face of the tumultuous change from customers, competitors and technology.
Charlie has focused on issues of advertising, its future prospects and implications on current and emerging business models. He has also helped lead much of Bain’s IP in this area by achieving full potential of advertising sales for traditional media, and unlocking the potential growth in online branded advertising within digital media.
Charlie received a BA in economics cum laude from Harvard University and an MBA from Harvard Business School, where he was also designated a Baker Scholar.
- “What If Sports Fans Cut the Cord?,” Brief, octubre 13, 2020
- “Rebooting Costs to Compete with Digital Disrupters in Media,” Video, agosto 22, 2019
- “In Media, Trimming Costs Boosts Value,” Snap Chart, junio 26, 2019
- “Hollywood’s Streaming Angst,” Brief, junio 13, 2019
- “In Rewrite: Funding Media’s Transformation,” Brief, mayo 06, 2019