Karen Harris is the Managing Director of Bain & Company's Macro Trends Group. She is based out of the firm's New York office.
The Bain Macro Trends Group (MTG) is the capability group for developing Bain's insights about global macroeconomics, macro social trends and geopolitics as they impact the results of Bain's clients. The group's proprietary research includes work on trends driving global growth in GDP and in capital markets, as well as specific geographic analyses (including China, the United States and the Eurozone), which it uses to help clients understand the potential impact of the volatile global environment on their businesses.
Karen frequently works with institutional investors to embed macro strategy into their investment strategy and due diligence.
She is regularly featured in major media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Forbes, Economic Times of India, Caijing China, CEO Forum Australia, Bloomberg Television and Global Entrepolis Singapore.
She is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, the National Committee on US-China Relations and the Economics Club of New York. She also serves on the Board of Pencils of Promise, a non-profit that partners with local communities in developing countries to build schools, focusing on early education, high potential females and building young leadership at home and abroad.
Karen has an MBA with distinction from Harvard Business School and a JD from Columbia Law School. She graduated with honors from Stanford University, where she received a BA in Economics and a BA in International Relations.
- “Young Americans Most Fearful of Covid-19 Health Risks,” Snap Chart, julio 30, 2020
- “More Americans Support Stricter Covid-19 Restrictions as Cases Rise,” Snap Chart, julio 28, 2020
- “Young, Wealthy and Worried: How Americans Perceive the Pandemic,” Snap Chart, julio 14, 2020
- “In the US, Covid-19 Concerns Grow As Cases Surge,” Snap Chart, julio 10, 2020
- “A Not-So-Socially-Distant Summer,” Snap Chart, junio 29, 2020
In the News
- “Call Centers Discover WFH Doesn’t Work for Them,” Bloomberg, junio 10, 2020
- “What Would the Post-Covid-19 World Look Like?,” Bloomberg, mayo 11, 2020
- “Shelter-in-place orders hit factories,” Marketplace, abril 01, 2020
- “Chart: How many people of each age live in U.S. cities,” Axios, mayo 13, 2019
- “Bain & Company’s Harris on the Impact of Demographics and Automation on Jobs,” Bloomberg, abril 30, 2018