Karen Harris is the Managing Director of Bain & Company's Macro Trends Group. She is based out of the firm's New York office.
The Bain Macro Trends Group (MTG) is the capability group for developing Bain's insights about global macroeconomics, macro social trends and geopolitics as they impact the results of Bain's clients. The group's proprietary research includes work on trends driving global growth in GDP and in capital markets, as well as specific geographic analyses (including China, the United States and the Eurozone), which it uses to help clients understand the potential impact of the volatile global environment on their businesses.
Karen frequently works with institutional investors to embed macro strategy into their investment strategy and due diligence.
She is regularly featured in major media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Forbes, Economic Times of India, Caijing China, CEO Forum Australia, Bloomberg Television and Global Entrepolis Singapore.
She is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, the National Committee on US-China Relations and the Economics Club of New York. She also serves on the Board of Pencils of Promise, a non-profit that partners with local communities in developing countries to build schools, focusing on early education, high potential females and building young leadership at home and abroad.
Karen has an MBA with distinction from Harvard Business School and a JD from Columbia Law School. She graduated with honors from Stanford University, where she received a BA in Economics and a BA in International Relations.
- “Young Americans Most Fearful of Covid-19 Health Risks,” スナップチャート, 2020年7月30日
- “More Americans Support Stricter Covid-19 Restrictions as Cases Rise,” スナップチャート, 2020年7月28日
- “Young, Wealthy and Worried: How Americans Perceive the Pandemic,” スナップチャート, 2020年7月14日
- “In the US, Covid-19 Concerns Grow As Cases Surge,” スナップチャート, 2020年7月10日
- “A Not-So-Socially-Distant Summer,” スナップチャート, 2020年6月29日
In the News
- “Call centers discover WFH doesn’t work for them,” Bloomberg, 2020年6月10日
- “What Would the Post-Covid-19 World Look Like?,” Bloomberg, 2020年5月11日
- “Shelter-in-place orders hit factories,” Marketplace, 2020年4月1日
- “Chart: How many people of each age live in U.S. cities,” Axios, 2019年5月13日
- “Bain & Company’s Harris on the Impact of Demographics and Automation on Jobs,” Bloomberg, 2018年4月30日