Karen Harris is the managing director of our Macro Trends Group (MTG) and a partner in our New York office.
Macro Trends Group is the capability group for developing our firm's insights about global macroeconomics, macro social trends, and geopolitics as they impact the results of our clients. The group’s proprietary research includes work on trends driving global growth in GDP and capital markets, as well as specific geographic analyses (including China, the United States, and the Eurozone), which it uses to help clients understand the potential impact of the volatile global environment on their businesses.
Addressing the need for satisfying, respected, remunerative work will be a critical task over the next decade as automation replaces work in not just manufacturing but in services, with attention required for the producer side – the work force – and not just the consumer side, or the distribution of spending power.
Karen frequently works with institutional investors to embed macro strategy into their investment strategies and due diligence efforts.
Karen holds an M.B.A., with distinction, from Harvard Business School and a J.D. from Columbia Law School. She holds bachelor's degrees in economics and international relations, with honors, from Stanford University.
Karen is regularly featured in major media outlets, including The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Harvard Business Review, Forbes, Economic Times of India, Caijing China, and CEO Forum Australia, Bloomberg and FOX Television.
She is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, the National Committee on US-China Relations, and the Economics Club of New York.
Karen is also a Global Futures Council member for the World Economic Forum, as well as a member of the Community of Chief Economists. She is on the external advisory board of Harvard University’s Master in Design Engineering program and an International Council member for the Belfer School at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government.
She also serves on the Board of Pencils of Promise, a nonprofit that partners with local communities in developing countries to build schools. The organization focuses on early education, high-potential females, and cultivating young leadership at home and abroad.
- “The US and China Are Decoupling, and Other Countries Are Following,” レポート, 2021年9月20日
- “Wider Divide: Serving Consumers as the Middle Class Fades ,” 論説, 2020年11月6日
- “Banking Accelerated,” Webinar, 2020年10月20日
- “More Americans Support Stricter Covid-19 Restrictions as Cases Rise,” スナップチャート, 2020年7月28日
- “Young, Wealthy and Worried: How Americans Perceive the Pandemic,” スナップチャート, 2020年7月14日
In the News
- “What falling bilateral tech FDI means for companies,” US-China Business Council, 2021年10月26日, テクノロジー
- “Capex booms as companies prepare for a post-pandemic world,” Bloomberg, 2021年9月11日
- “Bain & Co.'s Harris on Global Economic Recovery,” Bloomberg Markets and Finance, 2021年4月26日, 金融サービス
- “Karen Harris on the Global Economy (Radio),” Bloomberg Radio, 2021年1月21日
- “Call centers discover WFH doesn’t work for them,” Bloomberg, 2020年6月10日