- Former head of our global and Americas Airlines, Logistics and Transportation (ALT) sector
- Former head of our global and Americas Airlines sub-sector
- 20+ years of firm experience
Derek Gerow is a partner in our Dallas office. He formerly led our global and Americas Airlines, Logistics and Transportation sector and Airlines sub-sector.
Derek’s expertise includes corporate strategy, operations improvement, organizational change management and marketing strategy. He has extensive experience in airline integration, loyalty program strategy and management, revenue management, IT/RES/GDS, sales, and distribution. In addition to his airline focus, Derek serves clients in the technology, retail, automotive, and financial products industries.
Derek also contributed to the development of Bain's Results Delivery® practice, focused on transformation and culture change. In particular, Derek has first-hand experience designing and executing major transformational change efforts focused on aligning organizations with a customer-focused strategy while achieving efficient operations and cost management.
Derek earned a master’s degree in management with honors from J.L. Kellogg in the accelerated Four Quarter program. He is a graduate of Babson College, where he earned a bachelor of science in business with highest distinction.
- “Americas Air Traffic 2020–2023: Post–Covid-19 Demand Scenarios and Share-Shift Projections,” Webinar, septiembre 29, 2020
- “Covid-19: Implications for Travel and Leisure Private Equity Investors,” Webinar, junio 25, 2020
- “Travel and Leisure: Planning for Reopening in a Post-Covid-19 World,” Webinar, junio 16, 2020
- “Covid-19: The 2020–21 Impact on Travel,” Webinar, abril 21, 2020