- Founder of Bain’s Customer Strategy & Marketing Practice
- Global leader of Bain’s Net Promoter System®
- Co-author of The Ultimate Question 2.0
Rob Markey is a partner in Bain & Company’s New York office and a leader in the firm’s Customer Strategy & Marketing practice. He joined Bain in 1990, and has led assignments in the financial services, telecommunications, retailing, media, professional services, health care, building equipment and food processing industries.
Rob is an expert in customer and employee loyalty, new product development and customer service strategies. He has extensive experience with direct marketing, new customer acquisition and cost reduction for clients in the retail banking, credit card and insurance businesses.
Rob leads the NPS Loyalty Forum, a group of approximately 35 senior executives from loyalty-leading companies around the world, such as The Vanguard Group, American Express, JetBlue, Telstra, TD Bank, LEGO, Progressive Insurance, PwC and Intuit. He has published numerous articles on various aspects of customer experience and loyalty in publications such as the Harvard Business Review. He is the co-author of The Ultimate Question 2.0: How Net Promoter Companies Thrive in a Customer-Driven World, by Harvard Business Review Press, a New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller.
He formerly served as head of the firm’s Customer Strategy & Marketing practice.
Prior to joining Bain, he developed competitive strategy, led business development and served in product marketing for LEXIS/NEXIS and the IBM Corporation.
Rob earned an MBA from the Harvard Business School. He is a graduate of Brown University, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics. Rob helped found and for nearly a decade, served on the Board of Directors of City Year New York.
- “Lighting a Path to Success in Low-Engagement Industries,” The Net Promoter System Podcast, mayo 12, 2022, Podcast
- “Compassion in Healthcare: Feeling Cared For Can Be as Important as Being “Cured”,” The Net Promoter System Podcast, abril 28, 2022, Podcast
- “A Conversation About Bias: How Leaders Can Help Employees Become Bias Disruptors,” The Net Promoter System Podcast, abril 07, 2022, Podcast
- “A Conversation About Bias: How Leaders Can Make Employees and Customers Feel Safe and Heard,” The Net Promoter System Podcast, marzo 31, 2022, Podcast
- “From Red Envelopes to Red Carpets: Netflix’s Todd Yellin Talks Innovation and Personalization,” The Net Promoter System Podcast, marzo 10, 2022, Podcast